What is the first thing everyone thinks about when the new year rolls around? “New year, new me”, new health goals, getting fit, eating right, etc. Well boy do I have just the thing for you! These vanilla almond balls are deliciously gluten-free, dairy-free, AND sugar-free! They are perfect healthy snacks that are way yummier than store bought bars.
Thanks to good old dates, there is no added sugar. So if you’re like me and can’t eat sugar, or just cutting it out of your diet, this snack is a great option. They are also easy to make and store. With only 5 ingredients, you know exactly what you are eating.
Vanilla Almond Balls
Recipe by: Mary Ellen
- 3/4 c pitted dates
- 4 TB almond butter
- 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 2 TB crushed slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak dates in hot water for about 10 mins
- Put the dates into a food processor and process until chopped and semi smooth.
- Add the date mixture and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Form into about 1-inch balls.
- Place in freezer to set for about 10 minutes